Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] How to calculate following ?

2007-11-01 20:00:55
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] How to calculate following ?
From: Dominik Pietrzykowski <dominik_pietrzykowski AT toll.com DOT au>
To: Anil.Maurya AT sanofi-aventis DOT com, ewilts AT ewilts DOT org
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 10:46:10 +1100

Anil, maybe these will help:

1/

Will show how much was backed up during last 30 days

 /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpimagelist -U -hoursago 720 | awk '{t+=$5}END{print t/1073741824}'

2/  Use the script attached, it gives some good info. Check_data_sizes calls a.pl so make sure they are in the same dir.

Create a file with client name(s) in it and run check_data against it.

NOTE: I’m no perl programmer so it’s a quick and very dirty solution. I’m sure the real perl guys will get a laugh out of it

but it does the job.  If anyone re-writes it please give me a copy as I can’t be bothered re-writing but would love to see

a better version.

3/

As above but like this:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpimagelist -U -hoursago 24 | awk '{t+=$5}END{print t/1073741824}'

Cheers,

Dom