Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] is it possible to integrate 2 master server databases into 1?

2007-11-01 18:25:04
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] is it possible to integrate 2 master server databases into 1?
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "'mark wragge'" <mark_t_wragge AT yahoo DOT ie>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 17:08:03 -0500

You don’t have any great options.  The most supportable option, although time consuming, is to take all of your images/tapes from the expiring master and import them on the new master.

Don’t forget that with NetBackup 5, you also have distributed media databases.  That’s going to make the merging uglier if you’re not able to do imports.

There are probably options that are available if you are able to pay for Symantec Professional Services.

--

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD

Mounds View, MN, USA

mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org