Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Incremental backs up all files

2007-11-01 09:04:56
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Incremental backs up all files
From: Jared.Seaton AT mylanlabs DOT com
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 08:49:43 -0400

You might also want to check to see that something isn't causing the archive bits to flip after the LUN is mounted on the other client.

Jared M. Seaton
Recovery Administrator
Mylan Inc.
304-554-5926
304-685-1389 (Cell)

"threeta" <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

11/01/2007 01:07 AM
Please respond to
VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu]  Incremental backs up all files

I have a FULL/INC for a LUN on a client.  When the LUN is mounted on another client (for redundancy) and the incremental is run on the new client, it runs off and backs up all the files, not just the new ones.

Is there a way of tricking netbackup into thinking its already run a FULL on the new client?

I have changed the bp.conf on the new client to reflect the old, moved images dir around, all to no avail.

Netbackup 5.1 on Solaris 9 (master) and RE4 (clients).

Thanks,  Duncan

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged, proprietary and/or confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, duplication or other use of this message and/or its attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message and its attachments.  Thank you.