Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Rman fails to restore- Netbackup 5.1 MP5

2007-10-31 23:20:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Rman fails to restore- Netbackup 5.1 MP5
From: csnowdon <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 20:06:16 -0700
I have just completed a failed DR Drill due to Rmans inability to Restore Along
with Netbackup.

My Prod Environments is
Master Server Sol 10, U3, T2000 Running Netbackup 5.1 MP5. HP LTO3 Media, Fiber
Attached.
4 Media Servers.

DR Environment was very similer exect Solar10 U4, Qlogic cards and we only
utilize 1 other media server.

ALL of my my restores completed with the Exception of Rman.  We could not Rman
to properly restore from Tape.
I had error messages of 5, 86, 6 etc.
I thought maybe size db buffers etc might be causing the issue, but ruled this
out as my other OS backups completed.

Sometimes teh Backups would make it into the Gui, sometimes not.
Log files show that it would mount, but then had issues reading the data from
tape.
I was able to run the Verify on the image, import the image, deport the image
etc, but could not to save my life, get it to restore.

I have a Master and Media Server. My media server is running Sol9.

I used the Force media restore in bp.conf to push restores to the media server
only, then to the master to see if 1 would work. Neither did.

I am at wits end with this. Anyone have any ideas or similer experiences?

Thanks
Chris