Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Exclude Lists

2007-10-31 09:02:34
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Exclude Lists
From: "Gregory Demilde" <gdemilde AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Brooks, Jason" <brooksje AT longwood DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 13:49:46 +0100

Jason,

I have you tried P:\* and P:\*.* ? anyway the directory entry will probably back up but non of the files/directories in it.

Netbackup relies on Windows wildcards.

Greg

On 10/31/07, Brooks, Jason <brooksje AT longwood DOT edu> wrote:
Folks,
        I'm probably missing something obvious here, but the docs on exclude
lists are always frustrating.  I'm running 6.5 Master on Windows 2003.  What
I'm trying to do is set up excluded drives on one server (Windows).  One
example is our dedicated page file, stored on P:.  Here's what I've tried so
far:

On the client properties->Windows Client->Exclude Lists
        I've created an exclude list for P: to a specific policy.  I've
added it as:
        P:\ - still backed it up.
        P: - same
        P:\* - same

So, what's the trick to ignoring a drive without changing the Backup
Selections?

Thanks,
Jason

Jason Brooks