Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] disaster recovery best practices.

2007-10-30 13:12:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] disaster recovery best practices.
From: "Klebba, Don" <DonKlebba AT quickenloans DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 12:55:01 -0400

We’re currently running Netbackup 5.1 MP4 on our Solaris Master server.

We’re looking at replacing  the server hardware and since the server doesn’t have enough local disk, we’re going to present SAN space to the sever.

We’re looking at using SRDF to replicate the data on the SAN lun to a remote site in the event of a disaster.

I was wondering what the best practice is forgetting data out to a remote site. Should I just put the /netbackup/db/images on the San lun and leave everything else on

Local disk, or should I install everything on the SAN.

We are looking at upgrading to 6.5 once the hardware replacement is finished.

Don Klebba

Quicken Loans

Storage Management Team

DonKlebba AT quickenloans DOT com