Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] VSP in 6.x

2007-10-29 13:13:26
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] VSP in 6.x
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "Major, Rusty" <RMajor AT vericenter DOT com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 11:53:24 -0500
Use VSS, not VSP and you won't have the issues in 6.0.  We've instructed our Windows admins to always do a custom install and disable the VSS installation and let Windows do the snapshots.  No more cache files.

Now getting the Windows admins to actually follow the installation instructions and do a custom install - that's a challenge all by itself.  Whenever they complain to us (Storage) about a large cache file, we tell them to read the install docs and get it right this time.

   .../Ed