Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Upgrade to 6.5 or 6.0MP4

2007-10-26 13:39:42
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Upgrade to 6.5 or 6.0MP4
From: Jared.Seaton AT mylanlabs DOT com
To: "Conner, Neil" <neil AT mbari DOT org>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 13:24:31 -0400

Are those 2 bugs only in 6.0 MP5 or MP4 as well?

I am migrating from Solaris to AIX, and I have to tune the buffer settings on AIX media server to get good throughput.  I haven't been able to test NDMP on it yet though.

Jared M. Seaton
Recovery Administrator
Mylan Inc.
304-554-5926
304-685-1389 (Cell)

"Conner, Neil" <neil AT mbari DOT org>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

10/26/2007 01:19 PM

"Cornely, David" <David_Cornely AT intuit DOT com>, veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc
Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] Upgrade to 6.5 or 6.0MP4

6.0 MP5 has two significant bugs that I know of:

1. Compressed catalogs cannot be read when browsing backups to be restored:  You have to open a support case and get a new bpdbm binary.
2. NDMP backups fail if you have tuned Netbackup with NUMBER_DATA_BUFFERS.  You have to open a support case get a new bptm binary.

Neil