Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] allow_media_overwrite

2007-10-25 11:37:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] allow_media_overwrite
From: X_S <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 08:24:34 -0700
hi everyone,

Can someone clarify the tape label process for me?

Will NetBackup only label tapes the first time a tape is ever used and never
again?

or will it also label tapes that have had valid images on it but are now
expired and put back into the "scratch" pool?

And if I create the allow_media_overwrite entry in the vm.conf file, will
netBackup attempt to write a label every time it mounts a "scratch" tape

thanks