Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Solaris 10 with NBU 5.1 MP5 -- Tape Drives disappearing

2007-10-22 11:48:20
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Solaris 10 with NBU 5.1 MP5 -- Tape Drives disappearing
From: Dave Markham <dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net>
To: "Hudson, Steve" <Steve.Hudson AT ironmountain DOT com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 16:31:16 +0100
Im not sure if its still relevant for Solaris 10 but i remember in the
device admin guide it mentions that solaris unloads the least used
devices should the system be busy. These are usually tapes and so it
recommends adding the following lines into /etc/system

forceload: drv/st
forceload: drv/sg

Just a thought.

Cheers