Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Some info on my experiences with 10GbE

2007-10-18 16:19:51
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Some info on my experiences with 10GbE
From: "Peters, Devon C" <Peters.Devon AT con-way DOT com>
To: "Curtis Preston" <cpreston AT glasshouse DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 13:03:36 -0700
That sounds pretty similar to what ip_squeue_fanout does for Solaris10 - and
using it made a noticable performance improvement:

ip_squeue_fanout

Description
    Determines the mode of associating TCP/IP connections with squeues
    A value of 0 associates a new TCP/IP connection with the CPU that creates
the connection. A value of 1 associates the connection with multiple squeues
that belong to different CPUs. The number of squeues that are used to fanout
the connection is based upon ip_soft_rings_cnt.

-devon