Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] I guess infinity isn't forever...

2007-10-18 12:34:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] I guess infinity isn't forever...
From: "Ellis, Jason" <Jason.Ellis AT imb DOT com>
To: Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 09:07:49 -0700

So I need to change the expiration date on a bunch of images to infinity (for legal reasons). I plan to write a script to parse a text file taken from a catalog search for the backupids of the needed images. I tested out changing the expiration date of an image to infinity manually first. When I ran a bpimagelist and converted the ctime for the expiration date I got back an expiration of “Mon Jan 18 19:14:07 2038.”

My question is: Is this is just some random date that NetBackup assigns to images that are never supposed to expire?

Below is the bpexpdate command I ran:

bpexpdate –backupid pasnas01a_1191283460 –d infinity -force

Jason Ellis