Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 4.5FP_6 error bpprm from Solaris 10 client - cannot open

2007-10-15 10:23:39
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 4.5FP_6 error bpprm from Solaris 10 client - cannot open
From: Jared.Seaton AT mylanlabs DOT com
To: "David Rock" <dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 10:02:58 -0400

I would try to have both items in the exclude list, with and without the trailing '/'.

I would also verify that the exclude list is named correctly <client>.<policy>

Jared M. Seaton
Recovery Administrator
Mylan Laboratories Inc.
304-554-5926
304-685-1389 (Cell)

"David Rock" <dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

10/15/2007 10:00 AM
Please respond to
"David Rock" <dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com>

veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc
Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 4.5FP_6 error bpprm from Solaris 10 client - cannot open

* hastonian <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> [2007-10-10 18:17]:

> Hello, any comments would be welcome.
>
> Even when using an exclude file, we cannot get this error message to go away.
>
> The NetBackup server is a Solaris 9 box and has a Solaris 10 client.
> A full backup of "/" returns a single error on /etc/mnttab - cannot open file .
>
> When adding '/etc/mnttab' to the exclude file, still the errors occurs.
>
> The exclude file has /etc/mnttab' but the error returns "/etc/mnttab/" - not the extra training slash.
>
> Any ideas?  Thanks! -J  j AT intit DOT org

If you are using 4.5FP6 on a Solaris 10 client, you are probably well
outside of what is expected to work (4.5 is dead, and was long dead
before Solaris 10 ever existed).

That said, mayby putting in what is complained about in the exclude file
will do the trick (i.e. if the error is "/etc/mnttab/" then try
"/etc/mnttab", not "/etc/mnttab").

Sorry if that's not particularly helpful.  Are you getting a status 1
because of the file?  Considering how far out of a supported config this
is, you may just have to live with the status 1.  I would, however, be
concerened that other data may be at risk on the client even though it's
not generating errors.

--
David Rock
david AT graniteweb DOT com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged, proprietary and/or confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, duplication or other use of this message and/or its attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message and its attachments.  Thank you.