Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 6.5 hardware snapshot ibm ds4xxx, any help?

2007-10-12 17:14:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.5 hardware snapshot ibm ds4xxx, any help?
From: emapola <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 13:37:48 -0700
Hi @ all,

i've just installed a master/media win w2003 nbu 6.5 with 3 fc hba (2 connected
to san and 1 connected to 2 ibm 3592 tape).

My backup client are 2 w2003 ee x64 (mscs fileserver cluster) with enterprise
nbu 6.5 client on it connected to the same ibm san.

The ibm san is a Ds4500 and ibm flashcopy is on it.

I'd like to know if someone knows how to use the engenio hardware vss provider
and configure it to made hardware snapshot backup (cleuster fileserver have
~5.000.000 files).

Many tahnks

Emanuele Pola