Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Windows default maximum block size ... 64KB still ?

2007-10-12 15:52:16
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Windows default maximum block size ... 64KB still ?
From: "Boris Kraizman" <sysadminzone AT gmail DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 15:38:29 -0400
Yes, it is the system tape driver for tape devices, but i have Veritas drivers installed.
I am not a really Windows guy, and I cannot tell you how they work together, how they layer communication between NetBackup, OS, HBA cards and the actual tape devices

Here is the actual name for the MS fix

WindowsServer2003-KB907418-x86-ENU.exe

And you need a MS support or pay for the service to obtain the patch
As I said, after I applied the patch (it replaces tape.sys file as you noted), I was able to change buffer size from 64k to 256k

On 10/12/07, X_S <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:

Boris,

do you have to use the MS tape.sys driver?