Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] LotusNotes backup strategy

2007-10-05 11:03:26
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] LotusNotes backup strategy
From: "Boris Kraizman" <sysadminzone AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Steve Quan" <sq01 AT yorku DOT ca>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 10:39:58 -0400
Hi Steve,

I have to get back to this topic. Do you do transaction log backups using NBU add-on database agent for Lotus Notes? How it works for you? We are still doing file level backups with regular NBU client for Windows. I was asked to evaluate transactional log backups as well, we have a few mail servers with 0.5TB data on each. We backup them over LAN, I am thinking to convert them into SAN media backup servers. Any useful information on how you do the backup for Domino environment would be really helpful.

I saw Jerry also responded on this topic. Jerry, could you please be more detail how you do VSS or I can see you do the array based solution with local copy cloning, correct?

Does anybody do transactional log backups for Domino Notes? Any pros and cons?

Curtis? maybe you can get back on this one.

Thank you,
Boris