Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup on Linux (RH4) vs. NetBackup on Solaris

2007-10-04 21:13:02
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup on Linux (RH4) vs. NetBackup on Solaris
From: "Edson Noboru Yamada" <enyamada AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 21:59:51 -0300

I dont think so.

Sun machines are very, very expensive. With the same (or less) amount of money you can
buy an excellent Intel based machine (with more memory, more CPUs etc)  and Linux with a so much better performance.
I see no difference in support from Veritas for Solaris or Linux. My opinion, of course.

regards