Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] LTO3 mixed LTO2 drive using LTO2 cartridges withACSLS

2007-10-02 13:38:19
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] LTO3 mixed LTO2 drive using LTO2 cartridges withACSLS
From: "Martin Ruslan" <mit.martin AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Justin Piszcz" <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 00:18:56 +0700
As promised,
here's what I've got.

There's no exactly straight solution for this problem. Because basically Netbackup already separate the HCART2 and HCART3.
So I'm dealing with 4 points on this problem

1) cartridge type
2) density on the image
3) drive type
4) ACS side.

Every tricks on Netbackup side, always makes me have to sacrificed the other thing.
Let say I try to use the API_BARCODE_RULES, and make all HCART2 on ACS mapped to HCART3 on Netbackup, how bout the density on the image? because it already on HCART2 density. You can run a command to change the image density, but it have to be done one by one, so painfull... Or even vice versa, the LTO3 drive had to be set as HCART2 also.. Looks like it's not the win-win solution for this..

There's still few tricks, but looks like not recommended by Symantec also...
So... who ever needed can take the conclusions for this problem..

Thanks all..