Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to backup 30TB of data

2007-09-26 15:50:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to backup 30TB of data
From: King5899 <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 12:28:52 -0700
This solution is in addition to our existing SAN solution for this customer.
They currently have an EMC CX500 with a Cellerrra front end. Our NDMP backups
over fiber run about 100 GB/hour. For a backup of 30 TB to occur over 60 hours
I don't see how to do it. We proposed an Onstor NAS Gateway as the frontend
runnning NDMP, however we are not sure of the throughput we would see.

Thanks,
MJK