Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to backup 30TB of data

2007-09-26 10:50:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to backup 30TB of data
From: King5899 <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 14:46:20 -0700
I have a new customer coming in that has 30 TB of SAN that they want to put
behind 2 Windows servers acting as a clustered NAS Gateway.(Not my idea). The
directory structure includes tens of millions of small images spread across 10
of millions of directories. Currently they backup their windows servers at a
rate of about 25 GB an hour, however the data could pass over the fiber network
to the fiber tape drives. I am entertaining SAN snapshots, and backing up the
snapshots from the backup server, but not sure if that is the best solution.

How would I possibly back this up in a reasonable time?

Any help would be appreciated.

MJK