Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.0 MP4 - BMR Physical to Virtual Restore

2007-09-26 09:59:15
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.0 MP4 - BMR Physical to Virtual Restore
From: "Brooks, Jason" <brooksje AT longwood DOT edu>
To: "O'Byrne, Colette" <Colette.Obyrne AT wto DOT org>, "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 09:24:51 -0400
I recently attended the Symantec BMR class and we did just that to a VMWare
virtual server.  I didn't go through the VMWare setup, but below is what was
used.

The mass storage drivers we used were LSI Logic SCSI drivers that would be
supported in the VM.  At least in the VMWare world, you could specify which
type of disk to use in setup: SCSI or IDE.

What type are you using?  If they're not in the PE, you may be able to get
NBU support to add them to a custom PE image.  Not sure, but I heard of that
in the class.

Jason