Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Tapeless backup environments?

2007-09-26 08:26:57
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Tapeless backup environments?
From: Chris Freemantle <chris AT fil.ion.ucl.ac DOT uk>
To: dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 13:03:01 +0100
Just a teensy point - LTO3 tapes should store 400Gb natively. They're
marketed as having a capacity up to 800Gb, but that's with 2:1
compression. We normally get about 550GB for MRI data.

LTO4 are available with 800Gb native capacity. The drives can also
encrypt data.

--
Do you want a picture of your brain - volunteer for a brain scan!
http://www.fil.ion.ucl.ac.uk/Volunteers/

Computer systems go wrong - even backup systems
Be paranoid!

Chris Freemantle, Data Manager
Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging
+44 (0)207 833 7496