Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] There is a bug with 6.0MP5 upgrade if using ACSLS environments.

2007-09-24 08:32:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] There is a bug with 6.0MP5 upgrade if using ACSLS environments.
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 08:11:37 -0400 (EDT)
In an ACSLS environment it hangs, running it again, it works, how do I
know this? I have more than 1 ACSLS environment, same bug occurred more
than once.

It fails on the tpext update command:

It looks like this:

Running /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpsyncinfo add_paths command ...
Upgrading NBDB:
/usr/openv/db/bin/nbdb_upgrade -dbn NBDB
EMM interface initialization failed, status = 77
ERROR: tpext command failed.
Installation of pack NB_60_5_M FAILED Mon Sep 24 03:58:12 PDT 2007 Rev.
1.33.10.14.
Exiting Vrts_pack.install

Not what you want to see when upgrading a huge environment, of course,
every other environment that is not ACSLS based worked fine.  Re-running
the same exact upgrade command a second time, it works, as shown below:

# ./Vrts_pack.install

There are 4 packs available in NBU60_MP5:
(* denotes installed pack)

         NB_60_5_M
         NB_CLT_60_5_M *
         NB_JAV_60_5_M
         NB_ORA_60_5_M

Enter pack name (or q) [q]: NB_60_5_M

Install pack NB_60_5_M Mon Sep 24 04:34:14 PDT 2007 Rev. 1.33.10.14
The pbx_exchange daemon is not running and is required for this installation.
Do you want to restart this daemon? (y/n) [y] y
Can not install pack when NetBackup daemons are running.
     Do you want to kill all NetBackup daemons? (y/n) [n] y

Upgrading NBDB:
/usr/openv/db/bin/nbdb_upgrade -dbn NBDB
Execution of tpext command succeeded.
Looking for NetBackup processes that need to be terminated.

The update is OK, one of the other environments I have ran over the weekend
using this method and there does not seen to be any issues.

Justin.