Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] windows 2003 system state restore problem

2007-09-24 07:04:30
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] windows 2003 system state restore problem
From: "Spearman, David" <spe08 AT co.henrico.va DOT us>
To: "Len Boyle" <Len.Boyle AT sas DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 06:37:05 -0400
Len,

Whether this is applicable or not I don't know, however we have found
with w2k3 that in order to make a restore work that includes sys state
the target must be at the same build level as the data you have on your
backup. So if your data was of a w2k3 SP1 system then you need to build
the target as w2k3 SP1. If you had no SP's or were at SP2 you need to
build the target accordingly. I have not figured out whether this is a
function of the OS or NBU or both however we never had this to deal with
until we went to NBU6 and w2k3 sp1.

David Spearman
County of Henrico, Va.