Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Tapeless backup environments?

2007-09-21 11:04:52
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Tapeless backup environments?
From: "Kevin Whittaker" <Kevin.Whittaker AT syniverse DOT com>
To: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 10:48:02 -0400
We have it on our plan.  We will be using tape for only long term retention of data.

Our plan is to purchase another EMC CDL, and mirror our existing EMC CDL to the EMC CDL at our DR site.  Our master server already is duplicated, and this will allow us to start restores of stuff that is not tier 1 applications that already are mirrored to the DR site.

I would prefer not to save the long term on tape, but we don't have a solution for any other way to do it at this time.

Kevin