Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] "Full" Media

2007-09-20 11:37:43
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] "Full" Media
From: "Liddle, Stuart" <liddles AT amgen DOT com>
To: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>, "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 08:12:14 -0700
The bpmedialist command will only tell you part of the story.  It won't tell
you whether or not the FULL tape is actually in the library or not.

The best way is to run the available media report which is found at:
        /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/available_media.
Not only does the report tell you which media are full, but it will also tell
which full ones are still in the library.  So, run the report out of cron and
save the output to a file and just grep for FULL and TLD (or whichever library
type you have).

--Stuart