Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NB5.1MP6 and LTO4

2007-09-07 19:23:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NB5.1MP6 and LTO4
From: Kathryn Hemness <cckat AT reality.ucdavis DOT edu>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 16:00:13 -0700 (PDT)
Greetings,

I've got a mixed library of LTO2 and LTO3 tape drives.
I'm going to replace the LTO2 with LTO4 drives but have found that
NetBackup 5.1 doesn't have an HCART4 designation for LTO4 tapes and
library types.

If the NetBackup configurations don't actually affect actual capacity
of the drives, I can probably designate the LTO4 tapes as HCART.

I'm not yet ready to upgrade my servers to NetBackup 6.

Is there anyone out using LTO4 with NB5.1?

--Kathy