Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Images on Tape

2007-09-07 12:26:32
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Images on Tape
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 08:01:16 -0700 (PDT)
> So that is possible except that in the GUI the Time Assigned still shows
> as 10/31/2003.

I'm not sure that would change just because an image expired, only if
all the images have expired.  The 'bpimmedia' line I saw from you was
limited to a particular client.  Can you run it with no arguments other
than the mediaid?  Are there *any* images appearing on the tape?

> However someone did extend the expiration on the tape to
> Infinity ( 2038). Would this account for the Time Assigned still showing
> 2003 when indeed the images have expired ??

Only if it had been extended after some but not all the images had
expired.

> I actually want to reclaim
> this tape and more like it but I want to make sure we don't need the
> data. That is why I would like to see what images are on the tapes...

The catalog will not give any information about images that may have
expired but are still on the tape (and are therefore importable).  You'd
need to scan the tape physically to account for any such images.