Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] MPX Explanation

2007-09-06 08:12:31
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] MPX Explanation
From: "Bobby Williams" <bobbyrjw AT comcast DOT net>
To: "'Justin Piszcz'" <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>, "'Clooney, David'" <david.clooney AT bankofamerica DOT com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 07:42:53 -0400
All streams have a buffer associated with them (SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS and
NUMBER_DATA_BUFFERS).

The streams fill the buffers.  When a buffer is full, it goes to tape.

Watch your bptm logs and it will show you how long it takes to fill the
buffer (waited for full buffer).

If you look at the requirements for determining the BUFFERS size, you will
see MPX in the formula.

The slower clients fill the buffers at a slower rate.

The higher the number of MPX, the longer it takes to check/empty the
buffers.

Bobby Williams
2205 Peterson Drive
Chattanooga, Tennessee  37421