Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Tuning backups.

2007-09-05 11:34:57
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Tuning backups.
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: "Parker, Matthew" <matthewp AT amazon DOT com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 10:38:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007, Parker, Matthew wrote:

> What type of benchmark testing are you looking for?

So far, it would appear that using general optimizations in NetBackup
only help so much, such as the ones mentioned above with the exception
of NET_BUFFER_SZ, I still need to look into that one.

The buffers in the kernel appear to help much more, in Linux 2.4 the
default buffers for the st tape driver are 32k and there's four of them.

I want to know every possible tunable parameter and its effect on the
system for the fastest backup possible.

Justin.