Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Reducing Netbackup reserved ports on the master server

2007-09-05 09:46:26
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Reducing Netbackup reserved ports on the master server
From: "Steven L. Sesar" <ssesar AT mitre DOT org>
To: Anders Thome <anders.thome AT ementor DOT no>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 09:23:13 -0400
Use vnetd.

Anders Thome wrote:

Hi!

Anyone know what the impact of reducing the number of reserved ports on at netbackup master server is?

The Default is 512-1023….. If we reduce it to ie. 512-600…. Will that mean that we get lesser bandwidth for clients? This customer has about 60 NBU clients.

The reason for this question is that this is going thru a firewall and the customer  wants as few ports open as possible.

Regards

Anders Thome

===================================

   Steven L. Sesar
   Lead Operating Systems Programmer/Analyst
   UNIX Application Services R101
   The MITRE Corporation
   202 Burlington Road - MS K101
   Bedford, MA 01730