Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Help: NAS Disk as a Storage Unit?

2007-09-04 12:20:25
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Help: NAS Disk as a Storage Unit?
From: <Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 09:55:50 -0600
Yup - works fine.  My 10TB DSU is a NAS share.  Netbackup just wants a
filesystem so it doesn't matter what's beneath it.  Note, you pay a
network/NFS penalty as compared to SAN disk.

There's even a cool trick, mount it on multiple media servers with the
same pathname.  If it's on two media servers then on media server can
write the files and another can read them for duplicating.  I use this
to write database files on one server, then duplicate (-altreadhost)
them for offsite on a non-database server.