Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP Multiplexing?

2007-08-30 18:42:54
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP Multiplexing?
From: Dwayne Adams <dadams AT organic DOT com>
To: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>, <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 15:25:24 -0700
I think NDMP v5 has multiplexing in the design spec.

http://www.ndmp.org/info/ndmp_mission.shtml

-Dwayne Adams

On 8/30/07 2:07 PM, "Darren Dunham" <ddunham AT taos DOT com> wrote:

>> NO....NDMP is never multiplexed...only one stream to a tape drive at a
>> time.=20
>
> True for NDMP storage units (tapes attached to an NDMP host).  I don't
> believe there's a way to ask an NDMP host to multiplex to a local drive,
> Netbackup or otherwise.
>
>> ...with NetBackup...
>>
>> (There are products that multiplex NDMP images together.)
>
> Can NetBackup not multiplex NDMP-Remote jobs (NDMP streams to a standard
> Media Manager storage unit)?  I had just assumed that since it's the
> Media Manager talking to the tape, the contents of the stream would be
> irrelevant for multiplexing.

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise
protected from disclosure. Dissemination, distribution or copying of this
email or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient,
or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended
recipient, is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please
immediately notify us by calling our Help Desk at (415) 581-5552 or
by e-mailing us at helpdesk AT organic DOT com.