Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Notify Scripts (without sending on retries)

2007-08-27 16:20:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Notify Scripts (without sending on retries)
From: <Brian.Beaird AT cat DOT com>
To: <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 14:59:31 -0500

Has anyone had experience with using NetBackup notify scripts in such a way that they do not send e-mails for a job until all retries have been exhausted?  I've tried both bpend_notify on the client and backup_exit_notify on the master server, and both version send out alerts for each attempt of the job, where I only want to know what the *final* status of the job was.  I checked the archives but had difficulty in narrowing down the search to this situation.

Brian Beaird