Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] bplist syntax for windows

2007-08-27 16:18:42
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] bplist syntax for windows
From: "Ron Jack \(Systems Network\)" <rjack AT nando DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 16:02:34 -0400
I've struggled with bplist the few times I've needed it, so this piqued my
curiosity. Admittedly, I'm no expert.

Keyword is, in this context, the optional name associated with the backup,
either in the "Keyword phrase" field of a policy's attributes in the GUI, or
with the -k option of bpbackup (or bparchive). The default is a null string
and is specified with "*NULL*" when using the -keyword option with bplist.

Just to get meaningful output, I usually have to specify a lot of criteria:

bplist -B -keyword "*NULL*" -C <client name> -s 08/20/07 -e 08/27/07 -t
13 -R -b -l /C

It produces a recursive (-R) long listing (-l) of the timestamps of when the
files were backed up from the C:\ drive in a backup (-B) of type MS-Windows
(-t 13) from a starting (-s) and ending (-e) date range.

Just guessing, I think keyword would help if, say, you backed up files of
the same name in more than one policy. Assuming you provided a keyword
phrase when doing the backup, you could specify that backup to report on.

It doesn't appear the -keyword option to bplist will search for filenames,
you still have to grep the output.