Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Different Ways to Install Client Software

2007-08-27 14:13:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Different Ways to Install Client Software
From: "Kevin Whittaker" <Kevin.Whittaker AT syniverse DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 13:33:45 -0400

All,

Ok, I am starting to run into annoying problems.  I used to install my new clients using rcp.  Well my company started disabling rsh on all server (rightfully so).

Well, I modified the install_client_software script and replaced the rcp,rsh with scp, ssh and it worked great!  I also would use ftp to install the client when necessary.

Well, now they are turning off ftp on all servers.  For some reason, the ssh install that used to work, no longer does?!?!  I can ssh to the servers by hand, but not using the script.

Anyway, my question is what other ways are there to install the client software on a Solaris 8/9/10 box?  Or a Linux server?

Kevin Whittaker
Syniverse Technologies
Systems Engineer - UNIX Admin