Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Anyone successfully implemented VXSS?

2007-08-27 13:01:41
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Anyone successfully implemented VXSS?
From: Jared.Seaton AT mylanlabs DOT com
To: "Justin Piszcz" <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 12:35:38 -0400

I am currently in the process of testing VXSS, and it is somewhat painful.  I have it setup and working correctly with most default settings.  In permissions of the user groups you cannot select just to allow a group to restart and resume jobs from activity monitor.  You have to select everything under "Operate" and cannot select individual permissions under that.

I have tried to setup custom permissions sets, they appear to be correct but I am unable to use them.  There are also about 5 different documents about setting up VXSS on the Symantec support site, each varying slightly.

I have it running on a solaris 9 master and have aix and windows media all working with vxss, if I could figure out a way to define custom permission sets this would be great product.

Jared M. Seaton
Recovery Administrator
Mylan Laboratories Inc.
304-554-5926
304-685-1389 (Cell)

"Justin Piszcz" <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

08/27/2007 12:06 PM

"Kyle Oliver" <k_f_o AT yahoo DOT com>
cc
veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Subject

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007, Kyle Oliver wrote:

> Everything I read out on the web suggests the setting up of VXSS is a perilous task.  Has anyone successfully set it up?
>
> Thanks,
> Kyle

Or the real question, what are you trying to Achieve?  You may want to use
NBU Reporter or NBU NOM and assign lower levels of permission that way.

Justin.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged, proprietary and/or confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, duplication or other use of this message and/or its attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message and its attachments.  Thank you.