Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Has anyone run a database consistency check recently?

2007-08-24 00:26:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Has anyone run a database consistency check recently?
From: Ian.Fehring AT nab.com DOT au
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 14:04:50 +1000
Hi all,

We have been having issues with our catalog (running NBU 6.0 MP4) and have found that our catalog is very inconsistent. We have been running a utility from Symantec called consistency_gather.pl, which basically grabs image, media and vol DB information. We send that through to Symantec to produce a report, which we receive back.

We have two NetBackup 6.0 environment, and both are reporting that we have inconsistencies in our catalog.

Has anyone else run this utility and obtained a report from Symantec.

In one of our report, it stats that of the 375000 images that we have, about 4700 of them could be lost due to being overwritten. We also have multiple tapes that appear to be assigned to multiple media servers, and the list goes on.

Anyone else run into this type of issue?

Regards
Ian.

National Australia Bank Ltd - ABN 12 004 044 937
This email may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify us at postmaster AT nab.com DOT au or by replying to the sender, and then destroy all copies of this email. Except where this email indicates otherwise, views expressed in this email are those of the sender and not of National Australia Bank Ltd. Advice in this email does not take account of your objectives, financial situation, or needs. It is important for you to consider these matters and, if the e-mail refers to a product(s), you should read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement(s)/other disclosure document(s) before making any decisions. If you do not want email marketing from us in future, forward this email with "unsubscribe" in the subject line to Unsubscriptions AT nab.com DOT au in order to stop marketing emails from this sender. National Australia Bank Ltd does not represent that this email is free of errors, viruses or interference.