Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Forever Assigned Media

2007-08-22 15:26:19
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Forever Assigned Media
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 15:05:54 -0400
I've found something interesting on a few of my media from this week.
It looks like if a NDMP backup fails, after writing a tape or two the
media kind of just sit there with "invalid" images.

I've got two media this week from a 3 way NDMP backup that failed
Saturday.  The Media Lists report says they have 2 images on them, but 0
valid images.  I'm not sure that this data can be restored, or that my
NDMP box can restart a failed backup?  I've restarted the failed backup
and its already completed it's 2nd attempt, and I've found I can
bpexpdate these media, but what a pain in the future.  I wonder if this
is by design?

I smell a support call...

-Jonathan