Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] bparchive

2007-08-22 10:59:49
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] bparchive
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "Clooney, David" <david.clooney AT bankofamerica DOT com>, "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 10:28:42 -0400

For the truly paranoid you can set it to delete after the 2nd time it is archived.   That way you have it on tape twice before the first deletion.

We used to do a rotating thing with Oracle archive logs to insure we could roll forward if necessary.   We’d run an archive ever 6 hours and the logs would only be deleted on the second pass so that we’d always have 12 hours worth of logs on line and all the remaining logs on tape.