Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Backing up mysql data in regular OS Filesystem backup.....

2007-08-20 07:20:38
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Backing up mysql data in regular OS Filesystem backup.....
From: Bluejay AT fujigreenwood DOT com
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 07:02:01 -0400
> Another way is to dump the mysql data using the mysqldump command
> and backup the dumped data.

This is what we do with a lot of our MySQL and Oracle (using rman, I think
- I'm not the DBA) databases. It has the side effect of leaving you with a
current backup on disk for a fast recovery, should that be required. It
does require disk space, through.

You'll probably want to exclude the database files themselves from your
OS-level backup.

                                                                      -
Bluejay Adametz

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried
anything new." - Albert Einstein