Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5 - Anyone actually using it?

2007-08-18 08:25:16
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5 - Anyone actually using it?
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 08:06:12 -0400

Sorry Ed but this doesn’t wash.   While many of the questions on this list deal with things the questioners don’t know that doesn’t excuse the product from not working the way it is supposed to.   That is to say if the product is supposed to vault in a certain way and you follow the documentation and it still doesn’t do it the way it is written up and you are told to wait for the next MP or release that is a problem in QA rather than with the end user.   The discussion in this thread wasn’t about the day to day “how do I….?” but rather with the defects seen in 6.0.   Why did it take them until MP4 until they got one that seemed worth the risk of installing?   Why has MP5 which should be the BEST to date seem to have introduced so many new issues?