Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backing up mysql data in regular OS Filesystem backup.....

2007-08-17 16:42:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backing up mysql data in regular OS Filesystem backup.....
From: "ZIMMER, RANDY K [AG/1000]" <randy.k.zimmer AT monsanto DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 15:17:22 -0500

All,

I should know this but Im having a moment.  I back up a client that has mysql directory on it.  We only do a OS level backups on this client.  My guess is if they ever lost any mysql data they would not be able to recover from the OS level backup, is this correct?

Randy K. Zimmer

Sr. Unix System Administrator

Office: 314-694-3109

Cell:  314-960-0500

rkzimm AT monsanto DOT com

This e-mail message may contain privileged and/or confidential information, and is intended to be received only by persons entitled to receive such information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately. Please delete it and all attachments from any servers, hard drives or any other media. Other use of this e-mail by you is strictly prohibited.

All e-mails and attachments sent and received are subject to monitoring, reading and archival by Monsanto. The recipient of this e-mail is solely responsible for checking for the presence of "Viruses" or other "Malware". Monsanto accepts no liability for any damage caused by any such code transmitted by or accompanying this e-mail or any attachment.