Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VMWARE Backup question

2007-08-16 11:32:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VMWARE Backup question
From: "Kevin Whittaker" <Kevin.Whittaker AT syniverse DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 11:16:52 -0400

All,

Netbackup 5.1MP6

Ok, I am going to try and not sound too stupid about this.  I am new to backing up VMWARE and a little confused.

We have a Windows 2003 , running VMWARE Workstation 5.  Well, we loaded NetBackup client on the 2 VMWARE clients, also running Windows 2003, and they both backed up successfully.

We loaded the NetBackup client on the core area of the server and keep getting a status code 58, for the first try and then a status code 24 for the second try.  I was told, as long as I am not backing up the dsk files, I should be able to do a normal backup of the core area.

I have done all the normal troubleshooting for 58 & 24 status codes but nothing seems to work.

I can ping the master server from the core area and I can also do a traceroute.

Anybody have any idea what I am missing?

Kevin Whittaker
Syniverse Technologies
Systems Engineer - UNIX Admin