Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Very slow client

2007-08-15 17:02:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Very slow client
From: "Deiter, Scott" <scottd AT HanoverDirect DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 16:44:24 -0400
We are running 5.1 mp4 across the board with a solaris 9 master media a few other media servers and numerous solaris and windows clients.

on the master/media we just added a windows 2003 client only for system state backups.
we cancelled these attempts because of performance.  Less than 10K/sec  Yes I mean Kilobytes.
So we tried this in a test policy to backup the c drive.   Same result.

ftp is moving at 2-3 meg/sec
bpgetconfig and bpclntcmd all look and feel normal.

The client softwhere was removed and reinstalled.  open file backup disabled  tracker disabled.

Where else do I look for the bottleneck?

Scott Deiter
System Administrator
Hanover Direct, Inc.
Hanover, PA