Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 6.0MP5 fallout

2007-08-14 20:14:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 6.0MP5 fallout
From: "Robin Small" <Robin.Small AT fresno DOT gov>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 16:58:34 -0700
Probably a rare instance, but worth mentioning:

We're running NetWare Media Servers (remote sites with their own autoloaders
and locally with a Quantum VTL) and started seeing NetWare ABENDs on these
after upgrading the master to 6.0MP5.

It appears that the SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS now applies more globally, instead of
keeping the NDMP portion separate (at default) if it's not specified. We have
SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS set to 262144 to get fast linux media server backups (for our
Oracle servers), and prior to MP5, the NetWare/NDMP-types stayed at their own
default at 65536 (if it's any higher, the NetWare boxes will abend)

Story short, we had to force SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS_NDMP to 65536 to keep these
netware boxes happy.

Now, if I can find out why I'm getting a Status Code 27 on these boxes, I'll be
even happier..

~ Robin