Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Issue w/ Multistreaming backups NBU 6.0

2007-08-10 15:43:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Issue w/ Multistreaming backups NBU 6.0
From: "Cruice, Daniel \(US - Glen Mills\)" <dcruice AT deloitte DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 15:16:49 -0400

I have a backup that was running for 3 + days.  I’ve instituted multisteaming which took that 3 day backup down to 21 hours.  Now within that same policy I have Fulls and Incrementials, Now my Incrementials that at one time took about 45 minutes to an hour are now running for 24 hours plus,  Why would this be?

I change to multistreaming in the middle of the week, my fulls are scheduled to run on weekends.  Does NBU consider multistreaming a “new job” and since those servers did not have an existing full, would this be a reason?

Cruicer

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.