Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Status 525: Can not connect to NB-Java authentication srvc

2007-08-06 03:52:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Status 525: Can not connect to NB-Java authentication srvc
From: jsalzer1971 <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 10:45:06 -0700
Hi,

I've had a similar issue, and my problem turned out to be something weird with
xinetd.  For some it would not listen for the vnetd service.

Telnet to port 13724 and if the connection is refused, then xinetd is not
listening for vnetd.

I fixed it by adding the service vnetd entry to xinetd.conf and restarting
xinetd.  You can copy and paste the vnetd service entries from the vnetd file
located in /etc/xinet.d directory.

This fixed my problem.

Good luck

-Joseph