Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 5.1 Disk Staging & Vault Duplications

2007-08-06 01:10:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 5.1 Disk Staging & Vault Duplications
From: "Mellor, Adam A." <Adam.Mellor AT woodside.com DOT au>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 12:47:28 +0800
Greetings,

I believe i know the answer, but i will see if more experienced people have delt with this before.

I have a Netbackup 5.1 (MP5)  environment, I have just added a new disk staging storage unit for Database backups.

I need to get two copies of these backups put onto tape, the first copy is easy as the DSSU takes care of that ( with the retention specified in the policy ). I seed to get a second copy made for offsite with a longer retention.

I have set up a Vault profile for these jobs however when it goes to duplicate the images it failes with 190, the duplicate log says skipping ... it already has 2 copies.

Vault is counting the copy on the disk, and the copy made by the dssu staging back to tape.

Is this expected behaviour or is there some way for Vault to "ignore?" the temporary copy on disk. I imagine it is and my only option is to up the "maximum backup copies" on the master.

anybody been down this road before ?.

thanks.

Adam Mellor
Senior Unix Support Analyst
CF IT TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
Woodside Energy Ltd.

NOTICE: This email and any attachments are confidential.
They may contain legally privileged information or
copyright material. You must not read, copy, use or
disclose them without authorisation. If you are not an
intended recipient, please contact us at once by return
email and then delete both messages and all attachments.