Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Schedule coordination question

2007-08-03 04:56:44
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Schedule coordination question
From: <briandiven AT northwesternmutual DOT com>
To: <cpreston AT glasshouse DOT com>, <wts AT maine DOT edu>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 03:31:55 -0500
I have a question for the group.  I've had issues with this for years.
Veritas responded that they have about half their customers that want it
this way and half that don't, so they don't actively pursue making this
better.  I suggested that since a lot of backup windows fall somewhere
between the 6 PM to 6 AM timeframe, that if they let me define what a
"backup day" is, then I could say that NOON defines a day for me.  I
believe that would alleviate this issue of double backups in one evening
and none until after midnight the next day ... Which then pushes other
backups/resources out and causes me status 196's ... Which I then rerun
during the day ... Which then sets an eternal motion of failures and
late backups in flight until I just skip a night to get everything back
in sync.

I'd love to hear your thoughts !!!